Our Senior School music students were understandably very excited when they found out they would be travelling inter-state to play a live performance at New Farm Park in Brisbane.
The week was jam-packed with fun trips and musical performances and offered the perfect opportunity for our students to develop the skills that will help keep our ensembles at the cutting edge. The tour provides the chance for knowledge to be passed down from our older students to our younger students, ensuring that the standards and expectations within the ensemble program remain high for years to come.
Highlights from the 6-day trip included:
• Sea World – Gold Coast, Australia – experiencing the sights and sounds of this famous Australian water park
• Visiting the historic and well-established pastoral town of Toowoomba, Queensland
• Our students of the Rock Band and the Tour Orchestra performed an hour-long concert for Toowoomba Grammar K–6 students
• Our students performed in the 100-year-old Rotunda at New Farm Park in Brisbane to an audience of over 400 people.
• Australia Zoo! After completing four concerts and two intensive workshops – our students were treated to a trip to Australia Zoo on the Sunshine Coast.
Our students left with a sense of pride, accomplishment and some fluffy polar bears as a memento of their memorable and rewarding interstate music experience!