The destination for international students
Guildford Grammar School offers more than a world-class education. An enriched culture flows through our student community which hails from all around the world. Guided by our Anglican faith, our values are shared and we welcome students from all religious and cultural backgrounds.
Regarded as one of the most beautiful and expansive schools in Western Australia, our campus sits on almost 100 hectares of land, just 20 minutes from the centre of Perth. Surrounded by vast bushland, our magnificent grounds on the banks of the Swan River feature plenty of wide-open spaces for our students to explore.
Guildford Grammar delivers the Western Australian curriculum which leads to the achievement of a Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) at the end of Year 12. WACE can be achieved through an Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) or a general pathway. We also offer vocational courses including recognised qualifications such as a Certificate IV in Business.
Enrolling at Guildford
Before you enrol
Pre-enrolment information for international students, including the rights and responsibilities of both parties, is outlined in the following documents:
- Education Services for International Students
- International Students Fees and Charges
- Enrolment Application
Steps to enrolment
Start your Guildford Grammar journey by following the enrolment process below. We recommend submitting your Application for Enrolment two years in advance of year of entry.
Please note that all documentation requested below must be translated into English for enrolment submission.
1. Read the School’s Enrolment Procedures, the Terms and Conditions of Enrolment and our International Student Fees and Charges document.
2. Print, complete and sign the Application for Enrolment form. Both parent/guardian signatures are required to complete the application.
3. Ensure the application fee of $120 is included.
4. Enclose a copy of the student’s full Birth Certificate (not an extract).
5. Enclose copies of school reports from the last two years.
6. Enclose immunisation record.
7. If applying for boarding, include a reference from a teacher or community member.
8. If English is a second language and you haven’t completed at least one year of English study at an International School, English proficiency testing through AEAS or Phoenix Academy must be provided.
English language proficiency
If English is not your child’s first language, we will ask the student to sit for testing through Phoenix Academy or the Australian Education Assessment Services (AEAS), either in your home country, or here in Australia. We may also request the student complete an intensive English Language course before commencing at Guildford Grammar.
9. Mail all of the above documentation to the following address:
Head of Admissions
Guildford Grammar School
11 Terrace Road
WESTERN AUSTRALIA 6935
Phone: (+61 8) 9377 9222
Once you have submitted your Application for Enrolment
Upon receipt of a fully completed application, the School will:
- Contact the student/agent to organise an interview for the student and the Principal or delegate either in person or by video call.
- Provide an Offer of Placement letter and supporting documentation, inclusive of an Acceptance of Place Written Agreement, Student Health Record, Local Guardianship Agreement and Data Collection Form.
- Upon receipt of the completed offer documentation, a Confirmation of Enrolment and Welfare Arrangement letter (for Boarding Students) will be provided, which will allow the International student’s family or agent to commence the visa application process.
For further information regarding international enrolment, please contact the Admissions team:
Phone: (08) 9377 9222
Living and studying in Perth
Welcome to Perth, the capital of Western Australia! WA is the largest Australian state, boasting around 12,500 kilometres of stunning coastline. The sun-drenched, tropical conditions of the North stretch to cooler, greener landscapes in the South.
Perth itself experiences warm to hot, dry summers and cool, wet winters. Beautiful clear blue skies cover the city for much of the year. With an extensive coastline of white sandy beaches, it is easy to understand why Perth’s lifestyle is enjoyed by so many.
Studying in Perth
With its warm climate, friendly residents and relaxed lifestyle, Perth isn’t just a great place to study – it’s also a great place to live. Perth has a low cost of living, exceptionally good weather, great public transport and fantastic culture.
Discover more reasons why Perth is a top destination for International Students:
Living in Western Australia: http://www.westernaustralia.com/
Studying in Perth: http://www.studyperth.com.au
The charm of Guildford
The town of Guildford is a historic suburb approximately 20 minutes from the centre of Perth. Known for its unique old-world charm and village feel, the area is characterised by its heritage architecture, tree-lined streets and eclectic mix of antique stores and cafés.
Our Campus is magnificently situated within Guildford on the banks of the Swan River. Stunning grounds and unrivalled natural surroundings welcome all in our environment that promotes wellbeing and a healthy sense of adventure!
The Guildford Grammar School campus is one of the most picturesque in Australia. At its entrance and framed by magnificent 72-year-old London Plane Trees, stands the majestic Chapel of St Mary and St George. The Chapel is recognised as one of the finest examples of Gothic architecture in Australia and holds pride of place in the hearts and minds of all Guildfordians.
Our students enjoy many outstanding facilities including:
- The new co-educational Boarding House
- The Oliverson Physical Education Centre
- The David Lawe Davies Centre for the Arts
- The HC Small Boatshed for rowing
- The School of Music
- The Thwaites Centre
- The Student Business Centre
- The School Museum
- The Barber Fitness Centre
- A 50m heated Olympic swimming pool in our Senior School
- A 25m heated pool in the Preparatory School
- And many other sporting facilities
International students have access to a modern Library and Information Services Centre that is open from 8.00am-5.30pm each weekday. International boarders also benefit from supervised study from Sunday to Thursday each evening in the Boarding House.
Convenient transport is available right on our doorstep. A train station adjoining our campus provides a direct link to the city and western suburbs. The main highways to WA’s north and east pass our boundary, while the Domestic and International Airports are only a short distance away – less than 8km!
Boarding at Guildford Grammar
Guildford Grammar School’s Boarding House is not just a place for students to live term time, it’s a place to grow. Our brand new, world-class Boarding House continues a proud history of providing opportunities for international students to pursue personal excellence within a welcoming, family-orientated environment. Our boarding family enriches our school culture and establishes life-long relationships within our community.
With over 125 years of experience behind us, we have developed the philosophy, customs and principles that ensure the personal and academic development of our international boarding students. At Guildford Grammar School you can expect:
- a dedicated network of support staff who live and work alongside our boarders to create an extended family relationship
- a comfortable and inclusive living environment that welcomes all
- academic support to ensure the learning needs of every boarder are met
- a vibrant and extensive co-curricular and recreational program that enhances the social and physical wellbeing of all boarding students.
How to enrol for international boarding
To enrol your child for international boarding at Guildford Grammar School, please follow the steps outlined earlier on this page, under the heading Enrolling at Guildford.
We welcome all enquiries in relation to International Boarding at Guildford Grammar. Please complete our International Boarding Enquiry Form and a member of our enrolments team will be in touch to answer any questions you have.