Today is World's Biggest Playgroup Day and we are pleased to report that we are opening a new Playgroup!
We are calling for expressions of interest from parents and carers of babies or young children for a Guildford Grammar School weekday playgroup, or a Saturday morning playgroup. You can register your interest online by clicking here.
At the playgroup, parents and carers of babies and young children can meet up to relax and play, to talk with other parents, hear guest speakers and share their stories of parenting.
At playgroup, children learn with their friends through play and exploring the world, all while giving parents the opportunity to interact with other parents.
What do children gain from regularly attending playgroup?
- Play is learning, enhancing healthy early brain development
- Children learn social skills as they communicate socially, take turns, share and make friends
- Children learn from new situations and people and develop the skills to adapt to change.
How do their adults benefit from coming to playgroup?
- It is a place where parents and caregivers can support each other through sharing ideas, parenting experiences, concerns and information
- A place where families can build long-term friendships as their children grow and transition to school
Our playgroup will meet at the Out of School Care Centre, right next to the Early Learning Centre.