There are many benefits to boarding that can have a lasting impact on a child's education journey. We understand that the main consideration for families is to provide their children with greater opportunities.
The benefits of co-educational boarding at Guildford Grammar School:
- Boarding at Guildford Grammar School provides a unique opportunity for children to learn to be caring, independent, resilient, thoughtful and respectful of others.
- The chance for an outstanding education, rich in academic and co-curricular opportunities.
- The ability to cultivate independence. Boarders learn very quickly how to develop independent living skills. But more than this, they learn how to be independent thinkers - a critical skill in the modern world.
- Boarders have the opportunity to exercise leadership and collaborate together harmoniously.
- They learn the importance of collaboration and responsibility. Boarders have the chance to develop courtesy, consideration and respect for others.
- Boarders appreciate cultural diversity and benefit from living amongst young people from a range of different backgrounds.
- Through shared experiences boarders have the opportunity to form friendships and connections that can last a lifetime.
- A co-educational boarding house allows brothers and sisters to remain close, living under one roof as they would at home. Having the support of a sibling whilst living in boarding can be extremely beneficial for young boys and girls.
- Co-educational boarding provides an environment where girls and boys can develop healthy, respectful relationships with one another. Through these relationships, they can gain a wider perspective on everyday real world issues.
- Developing social and emotional skills is just as important as acquiring academic skills. Boarding in a co-educational context allows boarders to develop these important skills and recognise the differences and similarities between genders.