PART 1 – ONLINE EXAMINATION REGISTRATION
Applications are now closed.
PART 2 – PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION
Please compile an A4 sized portfolio. The purpose of the portfolio is to give the School an understanding of your child, including their academic and extra-curricular achievements, interests and goals. It is an integral part of the assessment process, and is considered in conjunction with examination results.
The portfolio must include all items listed below, as well as any other supporting documentation you may wish to submit.
Please ensure that you do not include original documents, as your portfolio will not
- Print and complete the Guildford Grammar School Scholarship Examination Application Form and place at the beginning of the portfolio.
- Print and complete the Financial Declaration should you wish for your financial situation to be a consideration in the Scholarship decision process. You will also need to complete and sign a Statutory Declaration.
- Include a copy of your child's two (2) most recent school reports.
- Include NAPLAN results from years 3 and 5.
- Include a testimonial, written by your child, explaining why they would like to be considered for a Scholarship and how they believe attending Guildford Grammar School would impact their future and their family.
- Include a personal reference describing your child's character, general attitude, and interests from someone who knows your child well (not a family member). This may be a family friend, teacher, coach, priest or similar. Current Guildford Grammar School students cannot request a reference from members of staff.
- Include supporting documentation of your child's involvement and achievement in co-curricular activities, including sport, cultural pursuits and community participation. This may be in the form of written references from a coach/mentor, newspaper articles, certificates or photographs.
- If applying for a music based Scholarship - Include a reference stating musical ability from your child's current music tutor, including any examination results and submission of two contrasting pieces (meaning two different styles, genres or even a key signature). If you are auditioning on two instruments, only one piece is needed for each instrument. Provide one copy of each performance piece for the examiner within the portfolio.
- Include a copy of the candidate's birth certificate (not required for current students of Guildford Grammar School).
All portfolios must be submitted to the School by 2.00pm on Thursday 23 February, 2017.
Applicants who do not include all items listed above or are late in submitting their portfolio may still be considered for a Scholarship based on their examination results. However, an incomplete or missing portfolio will form part of deliberations during the adjudication process.
Submit your portfolio to the attention of:
Mrs Tamara Laurito
Guildford Grammar School
11 Terrace Road
GUILDFORD WA 6055
Phone: (+61 8) 9377 9247
Candidates will be required to attend at the School for an academic test on Saturday, 11 March 2017 to undertake the examination. We will be offering two testing sessions, from 8.30am to 12.00 noon or from 1.30pm to 5.00pm. A light snack will be supplied. Please contact the School upon application should your son have a medical condition that we need to be aware of during the examination. The Registrar will be in touch following the close of nominations to schedule your child for testing.
Auditions for Music Instrumental, Music Open and Choral Scholarships will take place on Friday, 10 March 2017 in the Eric Palmer Studio at the School of Music, Guildford Grammar School. A letter will be sent to candidates advising of the details and time of the audition once applications have closed.
More about us:
Find out more about our innovative Catalyst curriculum for
students in Years 7-9
Find out more about out extensive private bus service, covering a large part of the metro area