Applications for entry in 2019 will open in March, 2018
Guildford Grammar School’s purpose is “Inspiring students to achieve personal excellence and to be outstanding citizens who work to create a just, peaceful and loving society”.
The School has a proud history of providing educational opportunities for a broad range of students who would not normally have the means to attend the School, which is directly linked to our purpose, our Anglican ethos and egalitarian outlook.
The School Council has endorsed with enthusiasm the establishment of the “Go Forward Foundation Educational Scholarship Trust
”, which is a Deductible Gift Trust that acts as a vehicle to enable students to enrol at the School from Years 8 to 11 and experience the full range of opportunities that a Guildford Grammar School education can provide.
A limited number of Go Forward Scholarships are available to students entering Years 8 to 11 in 2018, who would not otherwise be able to afford to attend Guildford Grammar School and who display outstanding characteristics across a broad range of areas including high academic achievement. The successful applicant will be a student who has displayed qualities of excellence, respect, service, leadership and commitment within their school and wider community. The Go Forward Scholarships are not open to students who are currently attending Guildford Grammar School.
Students will not be required to sit an entrance examination but the scholarship will be awarded by the Headmaster based on a student's comprehensive application, portfolio and personal interview. The Scholarship will provide a reduction in the level of tuition fee and boarding fee (if applicable) payable as determined by the Headmaster after consideration of the applicant family’s ability to contribute to the cost of tuition and boarding fees. The Scholarship will be awarded for the period until the student graduates from Guildford Grammar School. The continuance of the Scholarship will be subject to annual review to ensure that the recipient is maintaining satisfactory progress.
Applications are invited from students for Go Forward Scholarships based on the following criteria.
Criteria for Go Forward Scholarships
When and how to apply
The Headmaster must receive applications for the Go Forward Scholarship by the closing date of 2.00pm on Friday 28 April, 2017.
- Consistently high academic performance in most subject areas
- Active involvement in co-curricular activities which may include, but are not limited to, sport, art, music, drama or leadership
- Outstanding personal qualities
- Involvement in community service
- Positive contribution to the current school community in a variety of ways
- A willingness to actively contribute to school life through its academic, pastoral, spiritual, sporting and creative arts programs
- Ability to adhere to and uphold the purpose of the School
- Financial circumstances will be taken into consideration and evidence will need to be provided by way of a submission of a Statutory Declaration of family income and other requested documents
To submit an application please fill in the application form and submit a brief A4 sized portfolio containing documents as outlined below. The purpose of the portfolio is to give the School an understanding of the candidate, including the candidates academic and co-curricular achievements, interests and goals.
- Print and complete the Guildford Grammar School Application Form and place at the beginning of the portfolio (please note that no application fee is required with the application).
- Include a copy of the candidate’s two (2) most recent school reports.
- Include past NAPLAN results.
- Include a testimonial, written by the candidate, explaining why they would like to be considered for the Scholarship and how they believe attending Guildford Grammar School would impact his/her future and his/her family.
- A letter of recommendation from a staff member at the student’s current school.
- Include a personal reference describing the candidate’s character, general attitude, and interests from someone who knows them well (not a family member). This may be a family friend, teacher, coach, priest or similar.
- Include any other relevant documentation regarding educational or co-curricular activities.
- Include a copy of the candidate's birth certificate.
- Financial Declaration Form and Statutory Declaration Form.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited, together with their families, for an interview with the Headmaster.
Submit your portfolio to the attention of:
Mrs Tamara Laurito
Guildford Grammar School
11 Terrace Road
GUILDFORD WA 6055
Phone: (+61 8) 9377 9247