Did you know that more than 270 languages and dialects are spoken in Western Australia today? Languages Week provides an opportunity to explore and celebrate language learning. Take time out this year to join in the celebrations with your family, your school and your workplace. Read on to learn more about Languages Week at Guildford Grammar School.
It is with great pleasure that I would like to introduce this year’s Languages Week, starting with a link to a game you might like to try - https://greatlanguagegame.com/
. This game will test your knowledge of other languages and how they sound like.
Join us at lunchtime in front of the Chapel close in a game of petanque or jianzi (Monday to Thursday, weather permitting).
Check out the facts from the myths when it comes to bilingualism - http://www.theholablog.com/myth-vs-fact-bilingual-language-development/
Some more information on why we believe learning a language is import
- Learning a language encompasses much more than language proficiency.
- Knowing a language means knowing about the culture that is the foundation of that language.
- Our world is becoming increasingly interconnected and interdependent.
- Language learning is an essential skill for life in the 21st century.
- Language learning helps us to broaden personal, social, cultural and employment opportunities.
Have a great week
Passez une excellente semaine
Zhù nǐ yǒu gè yúkuài de yīzhōu
Mr Adrien Creuzot