The Guildford Rowing Association
The Guildford Rowing Association was formed in 1985 to provide additional support and funding for the Guildford Grammar School Rowing programme.
The Association has a wide and ranging membership including current families, Old Guildfordians, parents of former rowers, rowing supporters and staff. This collective group seeks to support the rowing program in a number of ways including:
- Fostering friendships and developing support networks for Rowers and their families.
- Volunteer catering throughout the season.
- Fundraising for specialist equipment outside the normal rowing budget.
- An annual dinner that unites current and former Guildford Rowers and acts as vehicle for fundraising.
- Supporting Old Guildfordians who continue to row beyond school by creating networks and providing opportunities for continued involvement with the current programme.
The GRA meets regularly throughout the season in the John Burt Conference Room, with the Annual General Meeting held early in the rowing calendar in September/October. Details regarding the AGM are advertised in the School Bulletin prior to the event. Committee members are elected at the AGM each year for the forthcoming season.
New members and families are always welcome.
For more information on the GRA contact the Teacher in Charge of Rowing, Jennyfer Leah, on email@example.com or (+61 8) 9377 9222. The Director of Rowing, Tony Lovrich, can also be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or (+61 8) 9377 9292.